BREAST ENLARGEMENT SURGERY
A list of the most popular questions asked about breast augmentation surgery.
What is ‘breast augmentation’ surgery?
Breast augmentation is the medical name for a ‘boob job’. It means increasing the size of the breasts with a medical implant. This implant is usually made of silicone and is inserted into the breast via an incision in the crease underneath the breasts.
These implants are a silicone rubber shell filled with silicone gel or saline solution.
The insertion and type of implant will depend on your body type, personal preference and your surgeon’s advice.
You will be given a general anaesthetic and the implants will be inserted via the incisions made in the creases underneath the breasts. Other options include the armpits or near the areola (the circular area around the nipple). Your surgeon will then close the incisions with ordinary or dissolvable stitches. These are then taped for extra support and a light bandage will be applied.
You will experience some bruising and soreness after the surgery. This is completely normal and you will be given medication to control any pain.
You are looking at one to two weeks recovery time (approx.)
Breast enlargement surgery Guide Index:
- What is ‘breast enlargement’ surgery?
- Who should consider breast enlargement surgery?
- Who is not suitable for breast enlargement surgery?
- Why shouldn't I have breast enlargement surgery?
- How much does breast enlargement cost?
- Can I get help paying for breast enlargement surgery?
- Can I have breast enlargement surgery on the NHS?
- Can I have breast enlargement surgery abroad?
- I am interested in breast surgery, what next?
- How do I find a breast enlargement surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my breast enlargement surgery?
- What happens on the day of surgery?
- What is the breast enlargement procedure?
- What happens after my breast enlargement surgery?
- What does recovery from breast enlargement involve?
- What are the benefits of breast enlargement surgery?
- What are the risks of breast enlargement surgery?
- Is there an ‘aftercare’ service?
- How long does breast enlargement last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures