Alexandrite (755 nm wavelength) Laser Hair removal
This laser is the fastest of all the laser types. It is good for treating larger body areas among patients who are of light-to-olive complexion. It is one of the most widely used hair removal lasers.
Which Fitzpatrick Skin Type is the Alexandrite laser suitable for?
This laser is suitable for light skin tones. It is ideal for those with skin type I.
What are the advantages of Alexandrite laser hair removal?
- This laser has a very good skin penetration rate
- This laser is known to be effective on finer, thinner hairs that other lasers are not effective with.
- This laser is very effective for white skin tones.
What are the side effects of Alexandrite laser hair removal?
- This laser may cause pigment changes (darkening or lightening) of the skin.
- It is not that suitable for darker skin tones.
What are the different types of Alexandrite Laser Devices available?
The popular alexandrite laser devices available in the markets are as follows.
Apogee, GentleLASE, and EpiTouch Plus.
Alexandrite lasers can be the fastest laser hair removal systems. But they are usually not recommended for any skin tone other than a very white skin tone.
Laser Hair Removal Guide Index:
- Introduction to Laser hair Removal
- Does laser hair removal cause scaring ?
- Is laser hair removal painful ?
- How much does laser hair removal cost ?
- IPL - Intense pulse light hair removal
- Ruby Laser Hair removal
- Alexandrite Laser hair removal
- Diode Laser Hair Removal
- Nd Yag Laser hair removal
Types of lasers used for laser hair removal
- Face - Laser Hair Removal
- Back - Laser Hair Removal
- Chest - Laser Hair Removal
- Legs - Laser Hair Removal
- Bikini - Laser Hair Removal
- Underarm - Laser Hair Removal
- Arms - Laser Hair Removal
Specific Areas Treated with laser hair removal