Laser Hair Removal Guide
Laser hair removal is designed to permanently remove unwanted body hair by using the light energy from a laser.Unwanted hair is a common problem in women and men. Shaving, waxing, and tweezing only produce temporary results and can generally only be carried out on relatively small areas.
Laser hair removal treatment can be used to permanently treat and remove small and large areas of unwanted hair from the body.Best results occur in those with light skin and dark hair, and hair removal works better on coarse hair rather than fine hair.
What is involved with laser hair removal?
The area is shaved and cleaned, and an anaesthetic cream applied. The laser then produces pulsed beams of highly concentrated light which is absorbed by the pigment located in the hair follicles, damaging the surrounding follicle.
The procedure can be uncomfortable, but it is not usually painful. The length of a laser session may be a few minutes to an hour or more, depending on the size of the area being treated. Any redness and swelling of the affected areas usually disappears in a short time. And most people return to normal activity right away.
Are there any risks associated with Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a safe procedure if carried out by an experienced person. Possible complications include:
- darkening or lightening of the treated skin
- burning/blistering of the treated skin
Since darker skin is more susceptible to changes in pigment, tanning before laser hair removal should be avoided.
How many treatments will I need?
Most treatments require 4-6 sessions for permanent hair removal in any one area. The procedure can be repeated at monthly intervals.
How much does laser hair removal cost?
Laser hair removal costs from £100 depending on the area treated.
Laser Hair Removal Guide Index:
- Introduction to Laser hair Removal
- Does laser hair removal cause scaring ?
- Is laser hair removal painful ?
- How much does laser hair removal cost ?
- IPL - Intense pulse light hair removal
- Ruby Laser Hair removal
- Alexandrite Laser hair removal
- Diode Laser Hair Removal
- Nd Yag Laser hair removal
Types of lasers used for laser hair removal
- Face - Laser Hair Removal
- Back - Laser Hair Removal
- Chest - Laser Hair Removal
- Legs - Laser Hair Removal
- Bikini - Laser Hair Removal
- Underarm - Laser Hair Removal
- Arms - Laser Hair Removal
Specific Areas Treated with laser hair removal