Q3. What is the difference between an amateur tattoo and a professional tattoo?
A3. The main difference is in the number of colours used. An amateur tattoo is often a single colour (India ink) whereas professional tattoos contain several colours.
Another factor is in the level of penetration: a professional tattoo is applied uniformly beneath the skin as opposed to an amateur tattoo which is applied at varying depths.
An amateur tattoo can be applied by someone, at home, using a needle and a bottle of India ink.
A professional tattoo is created by a trained practitioner at a salon or tattoo parlour.
- I am embarrassed by my tattoo and want to get rid of it: how can I do that?
- Why are tattoos difficult to remove?
- What is the difference between an amateur tattoo and a professional tattoo?
- Can I have my tattoo removed on the NHS?
- What is laser tattoo removal?
- What is a Q-switched laser?
- Can a tattoo be removed in a single treatment session?
- How much does laser tattoo removal cost?
- Can laser tatoo removal treat every type of tattoo?
- Does laser tatoo removal hurt?
- Will laser tatoo removal leave a scar?
- Is laser tatoo removal safe?
- How long does laser tatoo removal take?
- Why is there more than one type of laser?
- How does tattoo removal cream work?
- What is Rejuvi?
- What is Wrecking Balm ?
- What is the surgical procedure for removing a tattoo?
- Will there be much scarring after tattoo removal surgery?
- How much does tattoo removal surgery cost?
- What is dermabrasion tattoo removal?
- What is the procedure?
- What can I expect after dermabrasion tattoo removal?
- How much does dermabrasion tattoo removal cost?
- What is IPL tattoo removal?
- Is IPL tattoo removal similar to laser removal?
- How much does IPL tattoo removal cost?
- What is a tattoo cover-up?
- Can I disguise a black tattoo?
- What is tattoo erase?
- Is tattoo erase painful?
- Will tattoo erase leave a scar?
- What aftercare routine should I follow after tattoo erase?
- Is there an alternative to tattoo erase?
- Tattoo Removal Guide
- Types of Tattoos
- Tattoo Removal Treatment
- Tattoo Removal on NHS
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Does laser tattoo removal hurt?
- Side effects of laser tattoo removal
- Is there anyone who shouldn't have laser tattoo removal?
- Tattoo Removal Cream
- Surgical tattoo removal
- Dermabrasion Tattoo Removal
- IPL tattoo removal Therapy
- Tattoo Cover-up
- Tattoo Erase
- Costs of Tattoo Removal
- Tattoo Removal FAQs
- Tattoo Removal Glossary