Dientamoeba fragilis Infection

The parasite Dientamoeba fragilis inhabits the intestine of humans and causes an infectious disease. Dientamoeba fragilis Infection can be found all over the globe. Dientamoeba fragilis is asymptomatic for most infected individuals. However, when symptoms do arise, they include stomach cramps and pains, weak appetite, weight loss, nausea, fatigue, and diarrhea. Fortunately, Dientamoeba fragilis infection is contained in the intestines and does not spread throughout the rest of the body.

If you suspect that you have a Dientamoeba fragilis Infection, please speak with your doctor as soon as possible. Dientamoeba fragilis Infection is diagnosed by testing samples of stool. our doctor may require more than one sample and additional tests to find pinworm eggs which are often found with cases of Dientamoeba fragilis infection. Treatment for Dientamoeba fragilis Infection requires prescription medications.

There is very little information on the transmission of Dientamoeba fragilis Infection. One theory is the accidental ingestion of pinworm or other parasite eggs. Another possible method of transmission is transmission through surfaces, food, or water sources contaminated by the excrement of a person with a Dientamoeba fragilis Infection.

Dientamoeba fragilis is a very fragile parasite and most likely cannot last very long in any other environment than the intestines. Anyone is vulnerable to infection, however, people in areas of bad sanitation and people with weakened immune systems are at greater risk. Prevention methods include practicing good hygiene, thoroughly washing hands, especially after using the bathroom and before the preparation of food.

© Medic8® | All Rights Reserved