Alternatives to circumcision : A guide to Circumcision
If you are not suitable for circumcision or do not want to undergo surgery then there are a few alternatives.
- Stretching the foreskin
on a daily basis. Use baby oil or Vaseline and stretch the foreskin
out towards you and back again. Repeat this several times.
Do this stretching twice a day for a month.
- Steroid creams: topical creams can be directly applied to the skin and are often used to treat phimosis.
These are all non-surgical options.
If you require surgery but not circumcision then consider these:
- Dorsal slit
Not every case of a tight foreskin will require circumcision but it is still an option. Consider this along with the alternatives mentioned here.
Guide to Circumcision
- Circumcision Intro
- The Foreskin
- About circumcision
- Brief history of circumcision
- How common is circumcision?
- Circumcision and boys
- Circumcision and men
- Why circumcision?
- Medical reasons
- Frenulum breve
- Balanitis xerotica obliterans
- Cultural/religious reasons
- Preventative reasons
- Circumcise or not to circumcise?
- Female circumcision
- Circumcision myths
- Circumcision surgery
- Preparing for surgery
- On the day of surgery
- After surgery
- Risks and complications
- Alternatives to circumcision
- Foreskin restoration
- Circumcision FAQs