Benefits of biliopancreatic diversion/duodenal switch
There are several benefits to be had from this surgery. These are as follows:
- This procedure guarantees the greatest amount of weight loss as compared to any other obesity procedure. It is also the most durable as well.
- Dramatic weight loss. You are looking at 70-80% even 90% in some cases. This tends to happen in the first year after the surgery and slows down in the second and subsequent years.
- Not likely to experience ‘dumping syndrome’ (very rare).
- You will be able to eat bigger and so more ‘normal’ sized amounts of food than with many of the other procedures such as gastric bypass for example.
- This procedure can reduce or even cure many obesity-related conditions such as stroke, Type 2 diabetes, sleep apnoea, asthma, arthritis and back pain, liver disease, high blood pressure, raised cholesterol, heart disease and fertility problems.
- Improved sense of confidence and well being. Psychological health will also improve.
These are all positives which will resolve your excess weight problems especially when combined with a healthy lifestyle.
Biliopancreatic diversions guide sections
- Biliopancreatic diversion surgery an overview
- The benefits of Biliopancreatic diversion surgery
- The risks of Biliopancreatic diversion surgery
- Preparing for Biliopancreatic diversion surgery
- The procedure of Biliopancreatic diversion surgery
- After your surgery
- Aftercare following Biliopancreatic diversion surgery
- FAQs about Biliopancreatic diversion surgery
Weight Loss Surgery Guide
- Types of weight loss surgery
- Benefits of weight loss surgery
- Risks of Weight loss surgery
- Suitability for weight loss surgery
- Weight loss surgery criteria guidelines
- Exclusion Criteria for weight loss surgery
- Finding a obesity surgeon
- Weight loss surgery abroad
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Gastric band surgery
- Biliopancreatic Diversion
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Gastric Balloon
- Gastric Stimulation
- Revision weight loss Surgery
- Obesity surgery and children
- Obesity surgery and teenagers
- Obesity surgery and older people
- Obesity Surgery and pregnancy
- Costs of weight loss surgery
- Weight loss surgery on the NHS
- Paying for weight loss surgery privately
- Cosmetic Surgery After obesity surgery
- Anti obesity medication
- Duodenal Switch