Aftercare following Gastric band surgery
This is as equally important as the surgery itself: Following the pre-arranged diet and exercise plan will help you to get the best possible results from this procedure. You may or may not require dietary supplements such as vitamin/mineral supplements, although this depends on whether you getting enough of these through your diet.
Your diet will be restricted not just in the quantity of food but the types. You can eat most foods but you are best sticking to a healthy, well balanced nutritional programme which is low in fat, salt and sugar and high in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. This will help those pounds to come off especially if combined with an exercise programme. If you have never been a fan of sport and exercise in general then don’t worry. Exercise does not have to mean running miles or lifting weights. As long as it gets you slightly out of breath for 30 minutes or more then that will do. Brisk walking is a good example as is swimming or gardening.
If you have joined a local patients support group then you will find that there are other people there who can advise you about this as well as your aftercare advisor.
The aftercare programme also includes a review of your progress and a check on your health in general.
It is designed for your benefit and is a very good resource so we would advise you to make the most of this excellent service.
Gastric Band Surgery Guide sections
- Gastric Band Surgery overview
- What are the benefits of gastric band surgery ?
- What are the risks of gastric band surgery?
- Preparing for gastric band surgery
- The gastric band surgery Procedure
- After the opperation
- Aftercare following gastric band surgery
- FAQs about gastric band surgery
- Gastric bypass surgery Vs the gastric band
Weight Loss Surgery Guide
- Types of weight loss surgery
- Benefits of weight loss surgery
- Risks of Weight loss surgery
- Suitability for weight loss surgery
- Weight loss surgery criteria guidelines
- Exclusion Criteria for weight loss surgery
- Finding a obesity surgeon
- Weight loss surgery abroad
- Gastric Bypass Surgery
- Gastric band surgery
- Biliopancreatic Diversion
- Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Gastric Balloon
- Gastric Stimulation
- Revision weight loss Surgery
- Obesity surgery and children
- Obesity surgery and teenagers
- Obesity surgery and older people
- Obesity Surgery and pregnancy
- Costs of weight loss surgery
- Weight loss surgery on the NHS
- Paying for weight loss surgery privately
- Cosmetic Surgery After obesity surgery
- Anti obesity medication
- Duodenal Switch