Diode Laser Hair removal
The Diode Laser is very effective for darker skin. It is comparatively less effective on finer, lighter hair. It has fast repetition rates and covers large areas and allows for fast treatment of larger body areas.
Which Fitzpatrick Skin Type is the Diode laser suitable for?
The Diode laser is mainly used for skin types I – III. But it can be used for other types of skin also.
What are the advantages of Diode laser hair removal?
- The Diode laser features a longer wavelength and thus able to provide better results among dark-skinned people.
- This laser provides safer and deeper penetration into the skin layer.
- Large areas of the body tend to recover faster.
What are the side effects of Diode laser hair removal?
- There may be some scars, burns, skin discoloration, redness, and swelling.
- In some patients, a condition called urticaria sets in.
What are the different types Diode Laser Devices available?
The popular diode laser devices that are available in today’s markets are as follows.
SLP 100, F1 Diode, MeDioStar, Light Sheer, LaserLite, Apex 800, and Epistar.
What are the specifications of the Diode Laser?
- Wavelength: 800, 810 nm
- Spot size: 9 mm
- Fluence: 10-40
- Pulse width: 5-30 ms
- Repetition rate: 1 Hz
The Diode laser is safe and efficient for hair reduction or removal. There may be some adverse pigment effects, but these are transient. The Diode laser is the best overall laser for all six skin types based on long term use and safety and is especially effective in people with skin types 1 to 4.
Laser Hair Removal Guide Index:
- Introduction to Laser hair Removal
- Does laser hair removal cause scaring ?
- Is laser hair removal painful ?
- How much does laser hair removal cost ?
- IPL - Intense pulse light hair removal
- Ruby Laser Hair removal
- Alexandrite Laser hair removal
- Diode Laser Hair Removal
- Nd Yag Laser hair removal
Types of lasers used for laser hair removal
- Face - Laser Hair Removal
- Back - Laser Hair Removal
- Chest - Laser Hair Removal
- Legs - Laser Hair Removal
- Bikini - Laser Hair Removal
- Underarm - Laser Hair Removal
- Arms - Laser Hair Removal
Specific Areas Treated with laser hair removal