Ruby (694 nm) Laser Hair removal
This is the oldest type of laser used for hair removal purposes. It works best for light and fine hair types. It cannot be used on people with darker skin, and tanned skin. It is really suitable for those with fair or white skin. They also cover a relatively smaller area than other lasers, and so Ruby Lasers have become popular for laser hair removal these days.
Which Fitzpatrick Skin Type is the Ruby laser suitable for?
This laser is suitable for skin types I and II. It is ideal for people with fair or light skin. It may not be suitable for people with dark skin.
What are the advantages of Ruby laser hair removal?
- Long term hair removal can be achieved.
- Comparatively pain-free than any other laser hair removal procedure.
- If hair grows back, it tends to sparser and finer and thus less noticeable.
- This laser has cooling equipment built-in, thus minimizing the chance of burns and any other side effects to laser hair removal.
What are the side effects of Ruby laser hair removal?
- Ruby laser cannot be used on tanned or dark skin and on white or light hair.
- Treats a relatively smaller area.
- The laser has a slow repetition rate which may increase the time for treatment.
- There is some risk of burns, scars, redness, swelling, and skin discoloration.
What are the different types of Ruby Laser Devices available?
The well-known ruby laser equipments available today are as follows. Palomar E2000, RubyStar, and EpiPulse Ruby.
What are the specifications of the Ruby Laser?
- Wavelength: 694 nm
- Repetition rate: 0.5 – 1.2 Hz
- Spot size: 3-10 mm
- Pulse width: 0.85-3 ms
- Fluence: 5-40
Ruby laser has a long track record of accomplishing long-term hair reduction for dark hair and fair skin types. It may not be that practical for other types of skin. There is also other newer laser equipment available.
Laser Hair Removal Guide Index:
- Introduction to Laser hair Removal
- Does laser hair removal cause scaring ?
- Is laser hair removal painful ?
- How much does laser hair removal cost ?
- IPL - Intense pulse light hair removal
- Ruby Laser Hair removal
- Alexandrite Laser hair removal
- Diode Laser Hair Removal
- Nd Yag Laser hair removal
Types of lasers used for laser hair removal
- Face - Laser Hair Removal
- Back - Laser Hair Removal
- Chest - Laser Hair Removal
- Legs - Laser Hair Removal
- Bikini - Laser Hair Removal
- Underarm - Laser Hair Removal
- Arms - Laser Hair Removal
Specific Areas Treated with laser hair removal