Q20. What is the ‘Fox Test?’
A20. The Fox Test is carried out during follicular unit transplantation to see if a patient is suitable for direct extraction.
This means checking to see if hair follicles are easy to remove and if they are suitable for implantation, without the risk of damage.
A biopsy is performed in which these follicles are carefully examined to determine their suitability or not. If they are then the patient can undergo follicular unit extraction.
- What is hair transplant surgery?
- Am I suitable candidate for hair transplant surgery?
- I am a woman who has some hair loss; can I have ahair transplant?
- What causes hair loss?
- What is male pattern baldness?
- Is there a lower age limit for a hair transplant?
- How long does hair transplant surgery take?
- Do I need to cut my hair or shave my head before surgery?
- Will I lose hair after a hair transplant?
- Which is the best procedure for me?
- Will I need more than one session?
- Will there be much scarring?
- Are there complications of hair transplantation?
- What is the recovery after hair transplant surgery?
- Will other people notice that I have had a hair transplant?
- When will my new hair grow?
- What is a ‘hair graft?’
- What is a ‘Follicular Unit?’
- What is ‘Follicular Unit Transplantation?’
- What is the ‘Fox Test?’
- What is ‘Follicular Unit Extraction?’
- What is ‘Micrografting?’
- Does a hair transplant hurt?
- What is the aftercare following hair transplant surgery?
- What can I expect from hair transplant surgery?
- How much does hair transplant surgery cost?
- Hair Loss Guide
- Hair Structure Guide
- Male hair loss Guide
- Female Hair Loss Guide
- Hair care Guide
- Hair Loss treatments Guide
- Wigs Guide
- Hair Loss Treatment Prices
- FAQS About Hair Loss
- Glossary for Hair loss
- Hair Transplant Surgery
- What is a Hair Transplant?
- Do I need a hair transplant?
- Preparing for your Hair Transplant
- The day of your Hair Transplant
- After your Hair Transplant
- Female Hair Transplant
- Finding a Hair Transplant Clinic
- Hair Transplant Surgery Methods
- Costs of Hair Transplants
- Hair Transplant FAQs
- Hair Transplant Glossary