Common symptoms after laser eye surgery
Pain or discomfort
Immediately after the procedure, your eye may burn, itch, or feel like there is something in it. You may experience some discomfort, or in some cases, mild pain and your doctor may suggest you take a mild pain reliever.
Blurred or hazy vision
Your vision will probably be hazy or blurry. You will instinctively want to rub your eye, but don't! Rubbing your eye could dislodge the flap, requiring further treatment.
Glare and light sensitivity
In addition, you may experience sensitivity to light, glare, starbursts or haloes around lights, or the whites of your eye may look red or bloodshot.
These symptoms should improve considerably within the first few days after surgery. You should plan on taking a few days off from work until these symptoms subside.
You should contact your doctor immediately and not wait for your scheduled visit, if you experience severe pain, or if your vision or other symptoms get worse instead of better.
Distortion of vision
Following treatment of the first eye, there will be a focusing difference between the two eyes. This may also cause tension headaches. These symptoms settle with treatment of the second eye.
Laser Eye Surgery Guide Index:
- Intro to Laser Eye Surgery
- What is PRK laser eye surgery?
- What is LASIK laser eye surgery?
- What is Epi - LASIK laser eye surgery?
- What is Wavefront LASIK?
- What is LASEK eye surgery
- What is Intralase eye surgery
- Laser thermokeratoplasty
- What are eye refractive errors?
- Is laser eye surgery right for you?
- Laser eye surgery exclusion criteria
- Before laser eye surgery
- On the day of laser eye surgery
- After LASIK laser eye surgery
- Common symptoms after laser eye surgery
- Possible complications of laser eye surgery
- LASIK-specific laser eye surgery complications
- LASIK surgery checklist
- How much does Laser eye surgery cost?
- Pioneering laser treatment could prevent blindness
LASER EYE SURGRY GUIDE
- Laser Eye Surgery
- LASIK Eye Surgery
- Wavefront LASIK Eye Surgery
- EPI LASIK Eye Surgery
- IntraLase LASIK Eye Surgery
- Z-LASIK Eye Surgery
- PRK Eye Surgery
- LASEK Eye Surgery
- LTK Laser Eye Surgery
- PTK Eye Surgery
OTHER EYE SURGERY
- RK Eye Surgery
- AK Eye Surgery
- CK Eye Surgery
- CLE/RLE Eye Surgery
- INTACS Eye Surgery
- Cross Linking Eye Surgery
- Blended Vision Eye Surgery
- Lens Implants
- IOL Eye Surgery