Electrical Pulse Treatment - Hair Loss treatment
Another form of treatment which claims to promote new hair growth is electric pulse treatment. This is another non-surgical treatment which uses electrical pulses to target areas which have experienced hair loss.
The aim is to activate dormant hair follicles to encourage the growth of new hair.
These electrical pulses are emitted at a low frequency which means only a minimal penetration of the scalp. These pulses target the follicles but avoid damaging the tissues surrounding them which results in a safe and pain-free procedure.
If you are experiencing hair loss due to damaged or inactive hair follicles then electrical pulses will stimulate them into activity. The aim is to allow these follicles to heal before restarting hair growth as part of the normal hair growth/loss cycle.
This treatment is given at one or two times a week and can last up to 6 months, depending on the extent of the problem.
Am I suitable for this treatment?
This treatment is a good option for the following:
- Male or female pattern baldness
- Hair thinning
- Hair loss as a result of chemotherapy or radiation therapy
- Hair loss as a result of certain illnesses or diseases
But it is not recommended for:
- Hair loss as a result of certain medicines
- Skin trauma on the scalp
- Poor diet
- Temporary hair loss
- Hair loss as a result of hormonal changes
- Mild hair loss
It is suitable for people who have tried other forms of treatment such as hair growth creams/lotions or vitamin supplements. Or those people who don’t want to wear a wig or undergo surgery.
How successful is this treatment
This treatment was originally developed to encourage healing and regeneration of damaged tissues which has been extended to include bones as well.
It has been successful for certain individuals who have a certain type of hair loss and fit the treatment criteria.
As with the infra-red and UV light treatments; it’s a good idea to research this treatment thoroughly before making a decision. And discuss the benefits and risks of this procedure with a trichologist or some other hair specialist before going ahead.
Hair Loss treatments Guide Index:
- Treatment for hair loss
- Scalp massage for hair loss
- Wigs for hair loss
- Medicine for hair loss
- Infra-red and Ultra-violet light treatments for hair loss
- Electrical pulse treatment for hair loss
- Hair transplant surgery for hair loss
- Other surgery for hair loss
- Future treatment for hair loss
- Hair Loss Guide
- Hair Structure Guide
- Male hair loss Guide
- Female Hair Loss Guide
- Hair care Guide
- Hair Loss treatments Guide
- Wigs Guide
- Hair Loss Treatment Prices
- FAQS About Hair Loss
- Glossary for Hair loss
- Hair Transplant Surgery
- What is a Hair Transplant?
- Do I need a hair transplant?
- Preparing for your Hair Transplant
- The day of your Hair Transplant
- After your Hair Transplant
- Female Hair Transplant
- Finding a Hair Transplant Clinic
- Hair Transplant Surgery Methods
- Costs of Hair Transplants
- Hair Transplant FAQs
- Hair Transplant Glossary