How can we get rid of moulds around the house?

Moulds like damp places with lots of food. Kitchens are particularly good places for moulds to live, as there may be plenty of food pieces scattered around (even if you don't know it) and washing appliances and sinks can create a damp and humid environment. Leaky pipes especially can create the environment moulds need to thrive. Clean any surfaces and vacuum clean the floor regularly (this applies to all areas of the house!). You can spray a little bit of vinegar on boards and racks. You can also put a little bit of white vinegar in your washing to remove any moulds from any cloth surfaces. You should wash cloth surfaces regularly, as the can catch spores. In addition, you should wash carpets thoroughly with baking soda as well, especially areas of carpet near the bathroom, then vacuuming everything up. Replacing carpets with wooden floors will also help – wooden floors cannot trap dust as well as carpets. This can reduce the population of other unwanted guests in your house as well, such as house dust mites.

Consider using a dehumidifier or air conditioning (if it is hot) to reduce humidity. Although opening windows can let spores enter your house, it can also reduce the relative humidity. Try keeping the relative humidity between 30 % and 50 % to prevent mould growth.

Mould allergies Guide Index:

© Medic8® | All Rights Reserved