What questions should I ask a full mouth reconstruction dentist?
The main areas of concern are going to be with the dentist him/herself: what level of experience has he/she got? How many years have they been in practice? How successful is this procedure?
You want to determine their level of competency and experience before proceeding with what can be an expensive affair.
So, there are questions you can ask in regard to the dentist and ones which are related to the procedure. Here is a list of suggested questions which may help in that all important meeting:
- Do you have professional accreditation? Are you a member of a professional organisation?
- How many years have you been performing this procedure?
- How many of these procedures do you carry out in a year?
- What are your success rates for this treatment?
- How will you plan my treatment?
- How long will my treatment plan take?
- What can I expect from this treatment?
- Is it likely to be painful?
- What type of anaesthetic will I have?
- How much will this all cost?
- Can I get any help towards paying for this?
- What are the chances of something going wrong?
- If something does go wrong then do I have to pay extra?
- Is there an aftercare service/follow up visits?
It’s a good idea to go in with a list of questions and make a note of the answers as you ask them. The meeting you have with the dentist is your chance to ‘interview’ them and to see if they and the clinic are reputable.
Full Mouth Reconstruction Guide Index:
- What is a ‘full mouth reconstruction?’
- Who should consider a full mouth reconstruction?
- How do I find a cosmetic dentist?
- What questions should I ask?
- How much does a full mouth reconstruction cost?
- What is the full mouth reconstruction procedure?
- How long does it take?
- Is it painful?
- What are the benefits of a full mouth reconstruction?
- What can go wrong?
- What do I need to do after this procedure?
- Will I need any further treatment?
- Smile Makeover
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental Veneers
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Bridges
- Dental Restorations
- Dental Implants
- Cerec dentistry
- Cosmetic Bonding
- Tooth Reshaping
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
- Cost of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Teeth Straightening
- Inman Aligner
- 6 month smiles
- Damon Braces
- Lingual braces
- General Dentistry
- Dental Hygiene
- Perio Protect
- Dental Floss