Benefits and risks of penis enlargement surgery : Penis enlargement
Modern surgery is very safe and thanks to advances in medical technology and anaesthesia the chances of anything going wrong are very small.
However no surgery is 100% safe and side effects/complications do occur although this tends to be rare. You need to be aware of both the pros and cons of penis enlargement surgery before making your decision.
Pros of penis enlargement surgery
- Increased length or width of your penis. In some cases both procedures can be performed in the same operation.
- Increased confidence and self-esteem.
- Renewed sense of masculinity and sexual potency.
- Improved sense of wellbeing and quality of life.
Cons of penis enlargement surgery
These include side effects and complications and include:
- No difference in size or width
- Adverse reaction to anaesthesia
- Chest pains
- Damage to nerve endings
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular/racing heartbeat
- Intense pain
- Excess bleeding
There are also risks specific to either of the two procedures:
1. An infection or a lack of blood flow to the skin of the penis which results in ulceration.
2. The penis appears to hang from the scrotum rather than the abdomen giving a ‘lop-sided’ appearance.
1. The appearance of irregular shaped ‘fatty’ lumps on the penis.
2. Fat is reabsorbed which reduces the width. This will happen over a period of time.
There are side effects which are common to all types of surgery and risks which are specific to a particular procedure. With penis enlargement surgery these include fewer rigid erections and less/more sensitivity. However these will be explained thoroughly by your surgeon during the consultation.
Once you have signed the paperwork and have booked a date for your operation then the next step is to prepare for surgery.
- Penis Enlargement Intro
- Anatomy of the penis
- Penis anxiety
- Penis enlargement surgery
- What to consider?
- Paying for penis enlargement surgery
- Going abroad for penis enlargement surgery
- Finding a surgeon
- Benefits and risks of penis enlargement surgery
- Preparing for penis enlargement surgery
- Penis length surgery
- Penis width surgery
- Recovery after penis enlargement surgery
- Non-surgical Treatment
- Penis Enlargement FAQs