Going abroad for penis enlargement surgery : Penis enlargement
There is the option of having penis enlargement surgery in another country. Going abroad for surgery – also known as ‘medical tourism’ is a popular choice for many people who are attracted by the thought of paying less for their surgery. There is also the fact that it will be performed in an exotic location which means that the patient is able to combine this with a short break.
The option of having surgery and then recovering in a nice hotel in a sunny location is a tempting one but it is not without its pitfalls. Many people undergo surgery in another country and are happy with the results but there are a few who experience complications that often require the services of an NHS surgeon when they return to the UK.
What you have to consider is what happens if something goes wrong whilst you are still abroad or once you return to the UK?
This is just one of several issues that you need to think about before deciding whether to go abroad or surgery or not.
Things to consider if going abroad for surgery
We would advise you to spend some time researching this before making a decision. Do your homework and make sure that you are happy with your choice of clinic and surgeon.
In order to help you with this we have put together a list of things to think about:
- The reputation of the surgeon: is he/she ‘board certified’or as well qualified as UK surgeons?
- What qualifications does he or she hold?
- Where did he/she do their training?
- How many years experience does he/she have in this procedure?
- Does the clinic operate to the same standards as here in the UK?
- Can you meet the surgeon before you fly out? Does he/she have a clinic in the UK?
- Can you contact him/her whenever you need to?
- Are you able to fly straight after surgery?
- What does the quote for your surgery include/not include? If something goes wrong will that be attended whilst you are there and would it be included in that quote?
- Is language an issue? Will the staff at the clinic speak English?
- What aftercare is provided following your surgery?
- Are you allowed to recover in hospital/clinic or will you be discharged to a hotel?
Is the surgeon reputable?
Cosmetic surgeons in the UK are members of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) or the British Association of Plastic Surgeons (BAPS). Both are well respected organisations. Overseas surgeons will not be members of these but should be members of a similar organisation in their own country. Check that your surgeon is a member of a similar organisation.
Ideally, he/she will be a ‘board certified’plastic surgeon.
Find out as much as you can about the surgeon, his/her experience and level of expertise and the clinic. Read up beforehand and talk to other people if need be.
Don’t make a decision from a glossy brochure or glitzy looking website. Find out as much information that you need before making a decision. Do not be pressurised into making a decision before you are ready.
Remember: you can change your mind about surgery even up to 5 minutes before you are due to undergo surgery.
It is a good idea to draw up a shortlist of clinics and surgeons and investigate these in turn. Obtain several quotes and then use these and the information you have to help you with making your decision.
Many people who choose to have surgery abroad are extremely satisfied with the results but things can go wrong. Make sure you have all the information you need before deciding whether this is the right choice for you.
If you decide to stay in the UK for surgery then you still need to find a reputable surgeon. This is discussed further in our next section.
- Penis Enlargement Intro
- Anatomy of the penis
- Penis anxiety
- Penis enlargement surgery
- What to consider?
- Paying for penis enlargement surgery
- Going abroad for penis enlargement surgery
- Finding a surgeon
- Benefits and risks of penis enlargement surgery
- Preparing for penis enlargement surgery
- Penis length surgery
- Penis width surgery
- Recovery after penis enlargement surgery
- Non-surgical Treatment
- Penis Enlargement FAQs