What is the best way of cleaning my dentures?
Many of us are familiar with the pair of dentures soaking in glass of water and this is still the best way of cleaning them.
Keeping your dentures clean is important and will ensure that they last for a long time. Remove them at night as this will give your gums a chance to ‘rest’ before brushing them. You can use a normal toothbrush for this.
Then soak them in a glass of water. Add denture cleaning tablets, such as Steradent to this water which will help to clean them.
Rinse them out the next day and brush them before you replace them in your mouth. This process is similar to any oral hygiene routine in that the aim is to remove any food particles that have become lodged underneath the denture.
If, in spite of this routine you find that your dentures show signs of staining then you will need a professional clean. Your dentist or a dental hygienist will be able to perform this and restore your dentures to a pristine condition.
Dentures Guide Index:
- What are dentures?
- I have had all my teeth removed, how soon can I wear a denture?
- How are they fitted?
- Will people notice that I am wearing dentures?
- How do I eat with dentures?
- Will my speech be affected?
- Do I need to use a fixative to keep them in place?
- What is the best way of cleaning my dentures?
- What are the benefits of dentures?
- How long do dentures last for?
- Do I still need regular check ups at my dentist?
- How much do dentures cost?
- Is there an alternative to dentures?
- Valplast Flexible Partial Dentures
- Denture Relining
- Denture Adhesives
- Denture Fixatives
- Smile Makeover
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental Veneers
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Bridges
- Dental Restorations
- Dental Implants
- Cerec dentistry
- Cosmetic Bonding
- Tooth Reshaping
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
- Cost of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Teeth Straightening
- Inman Aligner
- 6 month smiles
- Damon Braces
- Lingual braces
- General Dentistry
- Dental Hygiene
- Perio Protect
- Dental Floss