Q7. Does eating too much chocolate cause acne?
A7. No. This is an old wives tale which along with other ‘acne myths’ has gained credence over the years.
Find out more in our popular acne myths section.
Many people think that eating greasy, fast food or high fat, sugary foods such as chocolate will cause acne but this isn’t the case.
But consuming too much of these foods isn’t good for heart health so it is a good idea to have them in moderation only.
Fresh fruit, vegetables, wholegrains and plenty of water all contribute to a healthy diet and skin.
- What is ‘acne vulgaris’?
- What causes acne?
- Is there more than one type of acne?
- Why has my teenage son developed acne?
- Why do some people develop acne in adulthood?
- What are the different types of acne spots?
- Does eating too much chocolate cause acne?
- Is acne caused by not washing your face properly?
- Does stress cause acne?
- Will sun bathing or using a sun bed improve my acne?
- Why is it bad to pick or squeeze acne spots?
- Does acne cause emotional problems?
- Does make-up cause acne?
- What is mild acne?
- What is moderate acne?
- What is severe acne?
- Can I treat acne at home?
- How is acne treated?
- What is ‘Roaccutane?’
- What are ‘Retinoids?’
- What is ‘Dalacin?’
- Does acne clear up by itself?
- What causes acne scars?
- How do you treat acne scars?
- How long before I notice any difference from my acne treatment?
- How should I manage my acne?
- Should I follow a skin care regime?
- What is ‘intense pulsed light’ therapy?
- What is ‘N-Lite’ laser treatment?
- Can we prevent acne?
Guide to Acne
- Acne Intro
- About acne
- Your skin
- What is acne?
- Who is likely to get acne?
- What causes acne?
- Acne symptoms
- Acne types
- Acne Complications
- Diagnosing acne
- Emotional effects of acne
- Managing acne
- Popular acne myths
- Body acne
- Acne scars
- Acne and teenagers
- Acne treatment
- Over the counter medicines
- Prescription medicines
- Light treatment
- Laser treatment
- Preventing acne
- Acne FAQs