What are the benefits of a dental implant?
Firstly, there is a very high success rate with dental implants, which is currently around 90 to 95%, on average. These figures do vary according to which part of the mouth is being treated. The upper jaw is more difficult to treat than the lower jaw and so this is reflected in the success rates.
Teeth replaced in the front of the upper jaw enjoy a success rate of 90 to 95%, so not much lower than the overall 98%.
The back part of the mouth – both upper and lower jaw has the lowest success rate, coming in at 85 to 95% but this is still high.
Conversely, the front section of the lower jaw enjoys the highest success rate of all, at 98%.
Other benefits include:
- Reduces the risk of bone loss
- Function as well as natural teeth
- Easy to clean - just like natural teeth
- Do not alter your natural tooth structure
- Fit in well with your natural teeth
Another advantage is that they don’t move around or are ill-fitting as compared to dentures. Dentures are a popular replacement for natural teeth but some people do find them awkward or difficult to get used to. In those cases, an implant can be a better option.
Dental Implant Guide Index:
- What is a dental implant?
- Am I suitable for a dental implant?
- How do I find an implant dentist?
- What should I ask the implant dentist?
- How much does a dental implant cost?
- Can I get dental implants on the NHS?
- Do dental implants hurt?
- What is the dental implant procedure?
- What are teeth in an hour/teeth now?
- What are the benefits of a dental implant?
- What are the risks of a dental implant?
- What do I need to do after the procedure?
- How long do dental implants last for?
- What are Mini Dental Implants
- Bone Grafting for Dental Implants
- Smile Makeover
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental Veneers
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Bridges
- Dental Restorations
- Dental Implants
- Cerec dentistry
- Cosmetic Bonding
- Tooth Reshaping
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
- Cost of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Teeth Straightening
- Inman Aligner
- 6 month smiles
- Damon Braces
- Lingual braces
- General Dentistry
- Dental Hygiene
- Perio Protect
- Dental Floss