How do I find a dental implant cosmetic dentist?
This is the most important part of the process. Finding a good, reputable dentist will ensure that you achieve the best results you can from this procedure. So, you need to find someone who you can trust and relate to.
The question is where do you start? As this is a specialist treatment then your own dentist may not be the best person to undertake it. If not then he or she may be able to recommend a good cosmetic dentist or specialist dentist (called a ‘periodontist’).
It is not unknown to have two dentists carry out this type of procedure: one dentist will carry out the implant treatment whereas the other will have responsibility for fitting the replacement teeth.
Family and friends are often a good bet as there may be someone you know who has undergone this treatment and is able to recommend a dentist.
Most people search the Internet for a cosmetic dentist or clinic and whilst this is a very good way of doing so just be aware that not every clinic is a reputable as they say they are! Sites such as Cosmetic Dentist (www.cosmeticdentist.co.uk) and Cosmetic Dentistry Guide (www.cosmeticdentistryguide.co.uk) are useful sources of information.
The British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (BACD), the British Dental Association (BDA) and the General Dental Council (GDC) are all useful and well respected organisations. They have very good information on what to look out for when searching for a dentist.
Dental Implant Guide Index:
- What is a dental implant?
- Am I suitable for a dental implant?
- How do I find an implant dentist?
- What should I ask the implant dentist?
- How much does a dental implant cost?
- Can I get dental implants on the NHS?
- Do dental implants hurt?
- What is the dental implant procedure?
- What are teeth in an hour/teeth now?
- What are the benefits of a dental implant?
- What are the risks of a dental implant?
- What do I need to do after the procedure?
- How long do dental implants last for?
- What are Mini Dental Implants
- Bone Grafting for Dental Implants
- Smile Makeover
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental Veneers
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Bridges
- Dental Restorations
- Dental Implants
- Cerec dentistry
- Cosmetic Bonding
- Tooth Reshaping
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
- Cost of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Teeth Straightening
- Inman Aligner
- 6 month smiles
- Damon Braces
- Lingual braces
- General Dentistry
- Dental Hygiene
- Perio Protect
- Dental Floss