What are ‘teeth in an hour/teeth now’ dental implant procedure?
This is a procedure in which the implants and replacement teeth are fitted all in one go, rather than wait for six months between the first and second stages. It suits those patients who don’t want to wait for that period of time.
Known as ‘immediate loading’ in dental terminology, this instant process means that you can have your new tooth or teeth in around an hour.
The immediacy of this is what appeals to people who are ‘time poor but cash rich’: hence the marketing term ‘teeth in an hour’. It is a computer aided implant technique which works best for those patients with enough jawbone density.
This can sound very attractive and does have its advantages in that you avoid the 6 month wait between the two stages. Plus you don’t have to wear a denture as a temporary measure whilst
osseo-integration takes place.
However, there are disadvantages with this procedure. One of these is the need for more implants, plus the higher risk of implant failure. The reason for that is that the jaw has not had time to fuse with the implant which means that there is a greater risk of implant rejection.
You need to weigh up the pros and cons of both before making a decision.
Dental Implant Guide Index:
- What is a dental implant?
- Am I suitable for a dental implant?
- How do I find an implant dentist?
- What should I ask the implant dentist?
- How much does a dental implant cost?
- Can I get dental implants on the NHS?
- Do dental implants hurt?
- What is the dental implant procedure?
- What are teeth in an hour/teeth now?
- What are the benefits of a dental implant?
- What are the risks of a dental implant?
- What do I need to do after the procedure?
- How long do dental implants last for?
- What are Mini Dental Implants
- Bone Grafting for Dental Implants
- Smile Makeover
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental Veneers
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Bridges
- Dental Restorations
- Dental Implants
- Cerec dentistry
- Cosmetic Bonding
- Tooth Reshaping
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
- Cost of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Teeth Straightening
- Inman Aligner
- 6 month smiles
- Damon Braces
- Lingual braces
- General Dentistry
- Dental Hygiene
- Perio Protect
- Dental Floss