What are the risks of a dental implant?
Dental implants are both safe and effective and enjoy a high success rate. The vast majority of patients are happy with the results.
But, like any dental procedure, there are a few risks although these tend to be rare.
Risks/side effects include:
- Implant failure
- Fractured or broken implants
- Poor positioning
- Overloading (too much force)
- Damaged sinus tissue
If you notice any of these problems then contact your dentist immediately.
Dental Implant Guide Index:
- What is a dental implant?
- Am I suitable for a dental implant?
- How do I find an implant dentist?
- What should I ask the implant dentist?
- How much does a dental implant cost?
- Can I get dental implants on the NHS?
- Do dental implants hurt?
- What is the dental implant procedure?
- What are teeth in an hour/teeth now?
- What are the benefits of a dental implant?
- What are the risks of a dental implant?
- What do I need to do after the procedure?
- How long do dental implants last for?
- What are Mini Dental Implants
- Bone Grafting for Dental Implants
- Smile Makeover
- Teeth Whitening
- Dental Veneers
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Bridges
- Dental Restorations
- Dental Implants
- Cerec dentistry
- Cosmetic Bonding
- Tooth Reshaping
- Full Mouth Reconstruction
- Cost of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Teeth Straightening
- Inman Aligner
- 6 month smiles
- Damon Braces
- Lingual braces
- General Dentistry
- Dental Hygiene
- Perio Protect
- Dental Floss