How do I prepare for my facelift surgery?
You will have been given a list of what to do before your surgery. This will include instructions on stopping smoking (if you are a smoker) and what medications you can or cannot take.
You are looking at a one, maybe two nights in hospital followed by a few weeks recovery. When you arrive home after your operation the last thing you want to be doing is to do any of your usual household jobs. So, this is the time when you make arrangements for after your surgery. This means asking someone (or your partner) to drive you to and from the hospital and help out at home.
If you don’t have a partner then ask a member of your family or a friend to help out.
What may help is to make out a ‘To Do’ list and tick each item off as you do it. There is more information on this in our other specialist FAQs sections.
So, make sure that any important household tasks will be taken care of; if you have children that someone can keep an eye on them; that any kitchen or bathroom items are within easy reach and that you avoid any unnecessary bending, stretching or straining.
Have a supply of meals in, or cook a range of meals in advance, freeze them and taken them out on a daily basis. For the first couple of weeks after surgery you will not feel up to cooking or doing any other household tasks.
Make sure that you have ordered enough supplies of painkillers and any other medications if so required.
Rather than leave these things to the last minute, take advantage of this time to do so. This includes booking time off work. You are looking at three weeks off work so arrange this well in advance.
There will be scarring from this surgery so you may want to grow your hair so that it covers these scars (if you have short hair).
The day before your surgery, pack a small bag or case with nightwear, dressing gown and slippers and your toiletries. If you wear glasses or contact lenses then make sure you take your glasses case or spare lenses with you. Pack a few magazines or books.
Leave any valuables at home.
Do not eat or drink anything at least 6 hours before surgery.
You will have been given a list of what to bring with you to the hospital.
Facelift Surgery Guide Index:
- What is a ‘rhytidectomy’?
- Who should consider a facelift ?
- Who is not suitable for facelift surgery ?
- Why shouldn’t I have facelift surgery?
- How much does a facelift surgery cost?
- Can I get help towards paying for my facelift?
- Can I have a facelift on the NHS?
- Can I have facelift surgery abroad?
- I am interested in a facelift what do I do next?
- How do I find a reputable facelift surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my facelift surgery?
- What will happen on the day of my facelift surgery?
- What is the facelift surgery procedure?
- What will happen after my facelift surgery?
- What does recovery from facelift surgery involve?
- What are the benefits of facelift surgery?
- What are the risks of facelift surgery?
- Is there an ‘aftercare’ service for facelift surgery?
- How long does a facelift surgery last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures