Breast Reduction Surgery
A list of the most popular questions asked about breast reduction surgery.
What is ‘breast reduction’ surgery?
This is the name given to the procedure to reduce the size of the breasts. Large breasts may sound attractive but the reality can be anything but attractive!
This procedure is also known as ‘mammaplasty’.
Many women find that large, heavy breasts can cause backache and other physical problems. There are psychological issues as well which include a lack of self-confidence and self-esteem. Some women find that they are subject to unwanted attention or comments about their appearance.
The surgery itself involves removing breast tissue, fat and skin. The remaining underlying tissues and nipples are then moved to a higher location. The skin from both sides of each breast is moved down and around the areola. This gives the breast a new smaller contour. There are several breast reduction techniques which all help to reshape the breasts.
Breast reduction is often performed as part of breast asymmetry surgery. The difference between this and many other procedures is that it is done for physical rather than aesthetic reasons.
Breast Reduction Surgery Guide Index:
- What is ‘breast reduction’ surgery?
- Who should consider breast reduction surgery?
- Who is not suitable for breast reduction surgery?
- Why shouldn’t I have breast reduction surgery?
- How much does breast reduction surgery cost?
- Can I get help paying for my breast reduction?
- Can I have breast reduction surgery on the NHS?
- Can I have breast reduction surgery abroad?
- I want breast reduction surgery, what next?
- How do I find a reputable breast reduction surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my breast reduction surgery?
- What will happen on the day of my surgery?
- What is the breast reduction procedure?
- What will happen after my breast reduction surgery?
- What does recovery from breast reduction involve?
- What are the benefits of breast reduction surgery?
- What are the risks of breast reduction surgery?
- Is there an ‘aftercare’ service for breast reduction surgery?
- How long does breast reduction last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures