Liposuction is a very popular procedure for many people. It is the process by which stubborn fat deposits are removed from certain areas of the body, such as the abdomen, thighs, chest and back.
It works best on patients who have areas of fat which they cannot shift by diet and exercise alone. It is NOT a cure for obesity although it can help those patients who have lost vast amounts of weight following obesity surgery. They are likely to have sagging folds of fat and skin which can be removed by liposuction.
This procedure can be performed as day surgery but surgeons prefer patients to stay in hospital for a day or so.
If you are considering this procedure then here is a list of the most popular questions asked about liposuction.
What is ‘liposuction’?
This is the name given to the surgical procedure which removes pockets of fat from the body. Fat distribution is determined by our genetic structure as well as our lifestyles. Following a sensible diet and exercise plan can reduce our body fat levels but sometimes, stubborn areas remain, in spite of a healthy lifestyle.
Liposuction involves the insertion of a series of small, thin tubes or cannulas which are connected to a large suction syringe or vacuum pump.
Fluid is injected into the areas to be removed which helps to prevent blood loss.
Each cannula is inserted in such a way which breaks down the fat cells which are then suctioned out via the vacuum pump or suction syringe.
Several areas can be done at once and liposuction can be undertaken with other cosmetic procedures.
Liposuction Surgery Guide Index:
- What is liposuction?
- Who should consider liposuction?
- Who is not suitable for liposuction?
- How much does liposuction cost?
- Can I get help towards paying for my surgery?
- Can I have liposuction on the NHS?
- Can I have liposuction surgery abroad?
- I am interested in liposuction surgery what do I do next?
- How do I find a reputable surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- How do I prepare for liposuction?
- What is the liposuction procedure?
- What will happen after my liposuction?
- What are the benefits of liposuction?
- What are the risks of liposuction?
- How long does liposuction surgery last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures