How do I find a reputable surgeon for liposuction surgery?
This is extremely important. The results of your surgery and your long term health depend on the skill and expertise of your surgeon. The better and more experienced he/she is the happier you will be with the results.
You also have to consider that you are literally, placing your life in this persons’ hands. All surgery has risks and even though these are very rare complications do occur. A good surgeon will run through the procedure with you, taking time to explain each part of the process and what you can expect. He or she will not force you into making a decision or pressurise you into having surgery if your general health is not good.
A reputable surgeon will be concerned with your health above all other concerns which includes money. If there is the risk of complications because of underlying health problems then he/she will caution you against surgery.
Each of the FAQs on this site has guidelines on finding a surgeon.
Good places to start include asking your GP and speaking to anyone else who has had this procedure as they will be able to recommend their own surgeon. Contact professional medical organisations such as The General Medical Council (The GMC), The British Association of Cosmetic Surgeons, BAPRAS and BAAPS.
Not only do you want a surgeon who is highly qualified and competent but is also want someone you like and trust. You want a surgeon you can form a rapport with and who you feel is compassionate and sympathetic to your wishes.
Liposuction Surgery Guide Index:
- What is liposuction?
- Who should consider liposuction?
- Who is not suitable for liposuction?
- How much does liposuction cost?
- Can I get help towards paying for my surgery?
- Can I have liposuction on the NHS?
- Can I have liposuction surgery abroad?
- I am interested in liposuction surgery what do I do next?
- How do I find a reputable surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- How do I prepare for liposuction?
- What is the liposuction procedure?
- What will happen after my liposuction?
- What are the benefits of liposuction?
- What are the risks of liposuction?
- How long does liposuction surgery last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures