How do I prepare for my liposuction?
You will be given a list of instruction on how to prepare for liposuction. These will include what medications you can take or not before surgery, stopping smoking and when to have your last meal.
If you are taking any prescription medication such as Aspirin then you will have to stop taking this. This and other similar drugs can cause bleeding so stop taking these a couple of weeks beforehand>
You will be advised about this and other details. These will include having your last alcoholic drink a week before and your last meal 6 hours before surgery.
What you will need to do is to ensure that someone can drive you to and from the hospital and can help you out at home. For the first week after you will need to rest and allow your wounds to heal. This means no bending, stretching or lifting. Ask someone to do your normal household jobs and keep an eye on your children – if you have a family.
You will need to take some time off work so arrange this in advance with your employer.
The day before your surgery, pack a small case with your toiletries, nightwear and a few of your favourite books or magazines. Do not wear any jewellery and leave any other valuables at home.
Liposuction Surgery Guide Index:
- What is liposuction?
- Who should consider liposuction?
- Who is not suitable for liposuction?
- How much does liposuction cost?
- Can I get help towards paying for my surgery?
- Can I have liposuction on the NHS?
- Can I have liposuction surgery abroad?
- I am interested in liposuction surgery what do I do next?
- How do I find a reputable surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- How do I prepare for liposuction?
- What is the liposuction procedure?
- What will happen after my liposuction?
- What are the benefits of liposuction?
- What are the risks of liposuction?
- How long does liposuction surgery last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures