Who should consider breast reduction surgery?
If your breasts are causing you severe psychological distress, are affecting your physical health or your ability to do exercise then breast reduction is a solution.
If you are experiencing backache, neck and shoulder ache then large breasts can be responsible for this. This can cause long term health problems.
Your appearance is also affected: large breasts can make you look unbalanced and have a big impact upon your appearance in general. Some women find them attractive but a great many women don’t and will have surgery to reduce their size.
The other issue is that they are out of proportion with the rest of your body. You may feel that you are ‘top heavy’ and this can affect your self-confidence. There is also the added factor of being subject to inappropriate comments or attentions from the opposite sex.
If you are experiencing any of the following problems then breast reduction surgery may be suitable for you:
- Back, neck and shoulder pain
- Infections under the breasts
- Rashes and excessive sweating
- Poor posture
- Sores or deep groves made across the shoulders from your bra straps
- Skin problems
- Psychological distress
- Unable to take part in sport or other physical activity
- Difficult to find clothes that fit properly
The aim is to give you smaller, shapelier breasts which fit in with your overall appearance. If you are aged 18 upwards, have realistic expectations and are in good health then you will be considered for surgery.
Teenage girls under 18 are not usually considered for surgery but exceptions can be made. If you are experiencing severe mental or physical stress then surgery can be an option.
Your suitability will be decided in the initial consultation between you and your surgeon. Your health, age, size and shape of your breasts will determine which the best procedure is for you.
Your weight is another factor here. Try to maintain a healthy weight before surgery. If you put on weight before surgery then this will cause your breasts to increase in size.
Breast Reduction Surgery Guide Index:
- What is ‘breast reduction’ surgery?
- Who should consider breast reduction surgery?
- Who is not suitable for breast reduction surgery?
- Why shouldn’t I have breast reduction surgery?
- How much does breast reduction surgery cost?
- Can I get help paying for my breast reduction?
- Can I have breast reduction surgery on the NHS?
- Can I have breast reduction surgery abroad?
- I want breast reduction surgery, what next?
- How do I find a reputable breast reduction surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my breast reduction surgery?
- What will happen on the day of my surgery?
- What is the breast reduction procedure?
- What will happen after my breast reduction surgery?
- What does recovery from breast reduction involve?
- What are the benefits of breast reduction surgery?
- What are the risks of breast reduction surgery?
- Is there an ‘aftercare’ service for breast reduction surgery?
- How long does breast reduction last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures