I am interested in blepharoplasty what do I do next?
Your next step is to be as fully informed as you can be. This means undertaking some very thorough research. Read up as much as you can about this procedure. Know about the risks as well as the benefits. Talk to other people who have had this procedure.
See if there is a local (or national) support group and ask to speak to people there. If you can talk to someone who has undergone this procedure then you will gain a very good idea of what it is like.
Talk to your GP: he/she will be sympathetic to your reasons for cosmetic surgery and can recommend a good surgeon to you. If you are looking to the NHS to pay for your surgery then you will need your GP’s approval first.
Use the internet. You can do a great deal of research here but make sure you visit reputable sites and avoid those which appear to be only interested in profit. Check out websites of organisations such as BAAPS, BAPRAS and The British Association of Cosmetic Surgeons. The GMC website is another useful source of information.
And, ask yourself some soul searching questions. Examine your reasons for wanting cosmetic surgery. This is not something to be entered into lightly and it is important that you are honest with yourself. Make sure you are doing this for yourself and not to please others.
All in all, be realistic about what it can achieve. Careful planning and being honest about your motivations will ensure that you achieve the best results.
Once you have done this then your next step is to find a good, reputable surgeon. Do not underestimate the importance of this.
Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) Guide Index:
- What is blepharoplasty?
- Who should consider blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)?
- Who is not suitable for blepharoplasty ?
- Why I shouldn't I have eyelid surgery ?
- How much does eyelid surgery cost?
- Can I get help towards paying for my blepharoplasty?
- Can I have blepharoplasty on the NHS?
- Can I have blepharoplasty abroad ?
- I am interested in blepharoplasty what do I do next?
- How do I find a reputable eyelid surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon ?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for blepharoplasty?
- What will happen on the day of my eyelid surgery ?
- What is the blepharoplasty procedure?
- What will happen after my blepharoplasty?
- What does recovery from blepharoplasty involve?
- What are the benefits of blepharoplasty?
- What are the risks of eyelid surgery?
- Is there an aftercare service?
- How long does eyelid surgery last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures