I am interested in breast asymmetry surgery what do I do next?
You need to think carefully about your reasons for wanting breast asymmetry surgery. It can give great results but it will not change you as a person or your whole life. Advances in medical technology and a change in attitudes mean that cosmetic surgery is more popular than before: the results are much more natural looking and recovery time is less than it used to be.
People have a variety of reasons for wanting surgery but a common theme is dissatisfaction with body image. Many of us are unhappy with our bodies and would like to change them so that we look slimmer, toned, younger looking etc. The rise in celebrity culture and constant media attention on the lives of the rich and famous has also contributed to this.
The main issue here is that you want surgery for yourself: not to satisfy anyone else or because it might make you famous. You need to have realistic expectations about what the surgery can do and how that will impact upon your life. If you are looking to get promoted at work or to rejuvenate your marriage then this really isn’t the answer.
You are thinking about surgery because you want to change a part of your body. That might be your only reason for doing so. Are you looking at surgery because of this or is it because someone has made a comment about your appearance?
What you need to do is to investigate this procedure thoroughly. Do as much reading up on the subject as you can. Use the internet but make sure you visit reputable sites such as NHS choices or BAAPS. Try to avoid those sites which offer you special deals or ‘cut price’ surgery.
It may help if you talk to someone who has had this surgery. They will be able to tell you what the procedure entails and what happens afterwards. They can also recommend a surgeon which is important. Patient support groups are a good idea as you can meet people who have been in your position.
Have a talk with your GP as he/she can advise you and refer you to a surgeon. He/she will give you a non-judgemental opinion on what you are planning to do and will be sympathetic to your concerns.
If you have done all of these and are still keen to go ahead then your next step is to find a surgeon.
Breast Asymmetry Surgery Guide Index:
- What is ‘breast asymmetry’ surgery?
- Who should consider breast asymmetry surgery?
- Who is not suitable for breast asymmetry surgery?
- Why shouldn't I have breast asymmetry surgery?
- How much does breast asymmetry surgery cost?
- Can I get help paying for breast asymmetry surgery?
- Can I have breast asymmetry surgery on the NHS?
- Can I have breast asymmetry surgery abroad?
- I am interested in this surgery, what next?
- How do I find a for breast asymmetry surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my breast asymmetry surgery?
- What happens on the day of surgery?
- What is the breast asymmetry procedure?
- What will happen after my breast asymmetry surgery?
- What does recovery from breast asymmetry involve?
- What are the benefits of breast asymmetry surgery?
- What are the risks of breast asymmetry surgery?
- Is there an aftercare for breast asymmetry surgery ?
- How long does breast asymmetry surgery last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures