What is the breast lift procedure?
The procedure involves lifting and firming the breasts. It takes around 2 to 3 hours to complete (for both breasts). It is usually carried out under a general anaesthetic and will require you to stay overnight in hospital.
There are several techniques for doing this procedure but the most common involves your surgeon making three incisions which form an ‘anchor shape’. These will enable him/her to remove the excess skin of the breast and move the nipple and areola to a higher position. He/she will also remove any excess fat and tissue.
The skin around the areola is drawn together which helps to reshape the breast. Another technique includes the less popular ‘doughnut’ uplift in which a series of circular incisions are made around the areola.
Breast uplift surgery is either performed on its own or in combination with breast augmentation surgery. Breast augmentation involves implants and if that is performed with the uplift the implants will be placed in a ‘pocket’ (made by an incision in the crease underneath the breast) under the breast tissue. It can also be located in a deeper position underneath the muscle of the chest wall.
The surgeon will close these incisions with stitches and will place a light dressing over these. This dressing will stay in place for a couple of weeks. The stitches are likely to be the dissolvable ones which will disappear over time. You will need to apply moisturiser to the area to stop it from drying out.
You will have to wear a sports bra which fastens up at the front to start with but after a few weeks you will be able to go back to a normal bra.
Breast lift surgery / Breast uplift surgery Guide Index:
- What is ‘breast lift’ surgery?
- Who should consider breast lift surgery?
- Who is not suitable for breast lift surgery?
- Why I shouldn't I have breast lift surgery?
- How much does breast lift surgery cost?
- Can I get help paying for my breast lift surgery?
- Can I have breast lift surgery on the NHS?
- Can I have breast lift surgery abroad?
- I am interested in breast lift surgery what do I do next?
- How do I find a reputable breast lift surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my breast lift surgery?
- What will happen on the day of my breast lift surgery?
- What is the breast lift procedure?
- What will happen after my breast lift surgery?
- What does recovery from breast lift involve?
- What are the benefits of breast lift surgery?
- What are the risks of breast lift surgery?
- Is there an ‘aftercare’ service for breast lift surgery?
- How long does breast lift last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures