What will happen on the day of my breast lift surgery (breast uplift surgery)?
You will have been advised to have a shower (not a bath) in the morning but do not apply any creams, oils or make up. Wear comfortable, loose clothing which is easy to take on and off.
Have someone drive you to the clinic or hospital. Ask them to stay with you whilst you go through the admissions process. They can also stay with you whilst you settle in.
The admissions procedure requires you to complete some forms. This is just standard procedure and rest assured the information will be kept confidential. Once these have been completed you will then be shown to your room. Once you are there you will be helped with unpacking your bag and putting things away. Make sure you have your dressing gown and nightwear to hand.
If you have anyone with you such as your partner or relatives then they will return back home; or they can always stay at a local hotel so that they are close at hand.
In regard to paying for your surgery: many patients choose to make payment before their surgery, but you can still pay on the day. If you do then a cashier will take the payment from you.
Once you have settled in you will be seen by a nurse who will perform a series of pre-operative checks. These will include taking blood and urine samples and checking your blood pressure. The nurse will also give you a pair of compression stockings to wear. These are very similar to the ‘flight socks’ that you can buy before you go on a long haul flight. They help to prevent DVT – deep vein thrombosis which is the build of blood clots caused by a long period of inactivity.
The stockings will help plus you will be encouraged to get up and move around as soon as you can after your surgery. The nurse may give you an injection of Heparin, a blood thinning agent which will also help to prevent the build of blood clots.
Other checks include height and weight.
If you are having a general anaesthetic then you will be given a theatre gown to change into.
Your surgeon and anaesthetist will visit you before the surgery. This visit is to see how you are doing and to answer any last minute questions you may have. You can still change your mind even at this late stage.
You will then be taken down to theatre.
Breast lift surgery / Breast uplift surgery Guide Index:
- What is ‘breast lift’ surgery?
- Who should consider breast lift surgery?
- Who is not suitable for breast lift surgery?
- Why I shouldn't I have breast lift surgery?
- How much does breast lift surgery cost?
- Can I get help paying for my breast lift surgery?
- Can I have breast lift surgery on the NHS?
- Can I have breast lift surgery abroad?
- I am interested in breast lift surgery what do I do next?
- How do I find a reputable breast lift surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my breast lift surgery?
- What will happen on the day of my breast lift surgery?
- What is the breast lift procedure?
- What will happen after my breast lift surgery?
- What does recovery from breast lift involve?
- What are the benefits of breast lift surgery?
- What are the risks of breast lift surgery?
- Is there an ‘aftercare’ service for breast lift surgery?
- How long does breast lift last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures