What are the most popular types of cosmetic surgery for men?
Cosmetic surgery is increasing in popularity with men. Even though more women than men choose to have surgery, the numbers of men opting for some form of cosmetic procedure has increased over the last few years.
This may be because women are seen to be much more concerned with their appearance than men. And society places much more pressure on women to look good. Traditionally, women have been judged on physical appearance whereas men have not.
However, this trend has started to change especially with the rise of celebrity culture. Men as well as women are much more concerned with how they look, dress and feel. This has become more of an issue with the current economic climate. Plus we in the West place a high premium of physical attractiveness, body image and self-confidence.
Men are now experiencing these cultural pressures. They are turning to cosmetic surgery as a way of boosting their confidence and desirability in an increasingly competitive world.
The British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) reports that many more men are choosing to have cosmetic surgery. The top 5 most popular cosmetic procedures are:
Men are also turning to non-surgical cosmetic treatments such as chemical peels, dermal fillers and wrinkle relaxation.
Cosmetic Surgery Guide Index:
- Introduction to Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic surgery procedures for men?
- Cosmetic surgery procedures for women?
- Who should consider cosmetic surgery?
- Are there any reasons why I shouldn't have surgery?
- Where do I find a cosmetic surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my cosmetic surgeon?
- Can I have cosmetic surgery on the NHS?
- Can I go abroad for cosmetic surgery?
- I want to go ahead what do I do next?
- How do I prepare for cosmetic surgery?
- What will happen on the day of surgery?
- What will recovery from my surgery involve?
- What are the complications of cosmetic surgery?
- What are the benefits of cosmetic surgery?
- What are the risks of cosmetic surgery?
- How much does cosmetic surgery cost?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures