Where do I find a cosmetic surgeon?
This is a very important decision to make. There are many surgeons out there who perform cosmetic surgery but not all of them are qualified to do so. At the end of the day you are literally putting your life in this person’s hands so you want to be sure that he/she is suitably qualified.
A good way to start is to take to your GP. He/she will offer a non-judgemental opinion about cosmetic surgery and will help and advise you. Your GP may be able to recommend a surgeon or a cosmetic surgery clinic/hospital.
The Medic8 directory of Cosmetic Surgeons may be a good place to start your reserach, read the clinic profile, read about the surgeon's experience and
Try respected organisations such as BAAPS, the GMC or The British Association of Cosmetic Surgeons. These organisations will have lists of UK based surgeons.
It is a good idea to do some background research beforehand. Read up as much as you can on the type of cosmetic procedure you are interested in. It is also a good idea to talk to others who have undergone this type of surgery. They may also be able to recommend a cosmetic surgeon.
It is worthwhile preparing a series of questions beforehand and discussing these with several surgeons. It is important that you like your surgeon: after all you are placing your trust in him/her as well as entering into a professional relationship. It is important that you feel that your surgeon is someone you can ‘get on with’ and is friendly and approachable.
As with anything in life it is a good idea to draw up a shortlist. Visit each surgeon on that list and compare their services and prices. Bear in mind though that cheapest doesn’t always mean the best!
Cosmetic Surgery Guide Index:
- Introduction to Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic surgery procedures for men?
- Cosmetic surgery procedures for women?
- Who should consider cosmetic surgery?
- Are there any reasons why I shouldn't have surgery?
- Where do I find a cosmetic surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my cosmetic surgeon?
- Can I have cosmetic surgery on the NHS?
- Can I go abroad for cosmetic surgery?
- I want to go ahead what do I do next?
- How do I prepare for cosmetic surgery?
- What will happen on the day of surgery?
- What will recovery from my surgery involve?
- What are the complications of cosmetic surgery?
- What are the benefits of cosmetic surgery?
- What are the risks of cosmetic surgery?
- How much does cosmetic surgery cost?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures