How do I prepare for cosmetic surgery?
Your surgeon may advise you to follow a pre-surgery regime beforehand. This could include stopping smoking – if you are a smoker as this slows down the healing process and following a diet and exercise plan.
You may have to take time off work so make sure you arrange that with your employer.
If you are taking any medication, such as nutritional supplements, then you may have to stop taking these before surgery. There is the risk of them reacting with the anaesthetic and any drugs used during or after the surgery.
It is a good idea to stop taking these at least two weeks before your cosmetic procedure.
If you are having a general anaesthetic then you will have been advised beforehand about eating and drinking before surgery. In general, the advice is to have your last meal or drink 6 hours before your surgery. If you are taking any medications prescribed by your GP then still take them as normal which includes the day of your procedure. However, check with your surgeon beforehand.
You should have been given a list of instructions of what to do before your cosmetic procedure. Make sure you stick to these even if they seem a bit trivial as there is usually a very good reason why you should do so. It is better to discuss these with your surgeon rather than ignoring any of them as it could impact upon your treatment.
Cosmetic Surgery Guide Index:
- Introduction to Cosmetic Surgery
- Cosmetic surgery procedures for men?
- Cosmetic surgery procedures for women?
- Who should consider cosmetic surgery?
- Are there any reasons why I shouldn't have surgery?
- Where do I find a cosmetic surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my cosmetic surgeon?
- Can I have cosmetic surgery on the NHS?
- Can I go abroad for cosmetic surgery?
- I want to go ahead what do I do next?
- How do I prepare for cosmetic surgery?
- What will happen on the day of surgery?
- What will recovery from my surgery involve?
- What are the complications of cosmetic surgery?
- What are the benefits of cosmetic surgery?
- What are the risks of cosmetic surgery?
- How much does cosmetic surgery cost?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures