I have decided to have ear reshaping surgery so what happens next?
Before you make any decision please take some time to think things through. Run through everything you have been told and ask yourself why you want this procedure.
Talk to your family and friends and see what they think, but remember, at the end of the day it is YOUR decision and yours only. Do not have surgery for anyone else but you. You need to be crystal clear as to why you (or your child) want this procedure and realistic about that it can achieve.
It does produce remarkable results but there are limitations as there are with any type of surgery.
You will find that your surgeon will recommend that you take a couple of weeks to think about this before making a decision. Even if you have decided there and then to go ahead, he or she will advise you to take a ‘cooling off’ period before going ahead. This will give you a chance to step back and check that you have all the information you need, and are satisfied with this before proceeding.
Once you are satisfied and have decided to go ahead then arrange a full consultation with your surgeon. He or she will then run through your treatment which will include advising you on how to prepare for your surgery. You will also be given advice on what to do when you get home.
Your surgeon will want to be sure that you are physically healthy for surgery so will arrange a series of tests. This will include blood pressure, blood test, height and weight and suitability for anaesthesia. This may differ if it is your child undergoing surgery.
A complete medical history will be taken and you will be asked if you have any medical conditions, are taking any medications or have any allergies. Please be frank and honest about your health as this is designed for your safety.
Your surgeon wants to be certain that you are fit and healthy enough to undergo surgery and to minimise the risk of complications. Complications are very rare but they do happen and you will be advised about this.
Once you are both happy a date and time will be arranged and you will be asked to sign some forms. Read through these very carefully and make sure you are satisfied with the quote you have been given and what it covers.
Otoplasty - ear correction surgery / ear reshaping surgery Guide Index:
- What is otoplasty surgery?
- Who should consider ear reshaping surgery?
- Who is not suitable for otoplasty?
- How much does ear reshaping surgery cost?
- Can I have ear reshaping surgery on the NHS?
- Can I go abroad for otoplasty?
- How do I find a reputable surgeon for ear reshaping surgery?
- What should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to have surgery, what next?
- What is the otoplasty procedure?
- How long does the recovery take for ear reshaping surgery?
- What are the benefits of ear reshaping surgery?
- What are the risks of ear reshaping surgery?
- What aftercare is available for ear reshaping surgery?
- How long do the effects of otoplasty last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures