What will happen on the day of my nose reshaping surgery (rhinoplasty)?
Arrange for someone to drive you to the clinic or hospital, and to drive you home afterwards.
When you arrive at the clinic, you will be met by the staff who will take you through the admissions process before showing you to your room. The admissions process is a standard hospital process and requires you to fill in a series of forms. These forms will ask for your personal details and next of kin.
Rhinoplasty usually involves an overnight stay so arrange for someone to pick you up the next day. However, if the surgery is relatively minor, as in work being done on the nasal tip only then you will admitted as a day case.
Once you are in your room you can unpack and generally settle in. The medical staff will help you with this as well as being there to settle any last minute nerves!
A member of the staff will visit you to take your blood pressure and blood and urine samples. He or she may also measure your height and weight if this has not been done already.
Your surgeon will come and see how you are and to answer any last minute questions you may have. If you have not signed a consent form then you will be given this to do so. Read it carefully and if you are happy with it then sign. This is your giving permission for the surgery to take place.
You can still change your mind, even up to five minutes before surgery.
Rhinoplasty - nose reshaping surgery Guide Index:
- Rhinoplasty nose reshaping intro
- Who should consider nose reshaping surgery?
- Who is not suitable for rhinoplasty?
- Why shouldn’t I have nose reshaping surgery?
- How much does nose reshaping surgery cost?
- Can I get help paying for my rhinoplasty?
- Can I have nose reshaping surgery on the NHS?
- Can I have nose reshaping surgery abroad ?
- I am interested in rhinoplasty, what next?
- How do I find a rhinoplasty surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my rhinoplasty?
- What will happen on the day of my rhinoplasty?
- What is the nose reshaping surgery procedure?
- What will happen after my rhinoplasty?
- What does recovery from rhinoplasty involve?
- What are the benefits of nose reshaping surgery?
- What are the risks of nose reshaping surgery?
- Is there aftercare for nose reshaping surgery?
- How long does rhinoplasty last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures