What does recovery from nose reshaping surgery (rhinoplasty) involve?
The main thing is to rest and allow your new nose to heal. It will feel sore following your surgery but it will improve on a daily basis.
Do not overstrain yourself or undertake anything strenuous. Avoid any physical activities for at least two to three weeks. If you play sport, especially contact sports then avoid these for at least six weeks.
You will be given advice on showering and washing your face. It is a good idea to keep your head elevated during this time and applying cold compresses to reduce any swelling. If you wear glasses then be careful with these as your nose will be sore and wearing these will be uncomfortable. If you wear contact lenses then these will be fine.
Every patient is different when it comes to recovery but most people are up and about after a couple of days.
You will be able to go back to week after a week.
If you notice any of the following symptoms then contact your surgeon immediately:
- Sudden increase in pain
- Excessive bleeding
- Chest pains, shortness of breath and irregular or rapid heartrate.
Give yourself time to recover and your body to heal.
Rhinoplasty - nose reshaping surgery Guide Index:
- Rhinoplasty nose reshaping intro
- Who should consider nose reshaping surgery?
- Who is not suitable for rhinoplasty?
- Why shouldn’t I have nose reshaping surgery?
- How much does nose reshaping surgery cost?
- Can I get help paying for my rhinoplasty?
- Can I have nose reshaping surgery on the NHS?
- Can I have nose reshaping surgery abroad ?
- I am interested in rhinoplasty, what next?
- How do I find a rhinoplasty surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my rhinoplasty?
- What will happen on the day of my rhinoplasty?
- What is the nose reshaping surgery procedure?
- What will happen after my rhinoplasty?
- What does recovery from rhinoplasty involve?
- What are the benefits of nose reshaping surgery?
- What are the risks of nose reshaping surgery?
- Is there aftercare for nose reshaping surgery?
- How long does rhinoplasty last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures