I am interested in nose reshaping surgery (rhinoplasty) what do I do next?
You may be thinking of cosmetic surgery here in the UK or overseas but whatever you decide please think about it very carefully.
Do your research with the aim of knowing as much as you can about this procedure. Read through articles, papers etc. If possible talk to other people who have undergone this surgery. Talk to your GP.
Also, consider if you are ready for cosmetic surgery. If you have any stressful situations in your life or lead a hectic lifestyle generally then surgery might not be a good idea. Think about why you want this surgery. If it is for reconstructive reasons then it is a good option. If, however, you are considering it because it might change your life for the better, or will improve your marriage then it might not be the right choice.
Deciding to have surgery is a long process which makes a huge demand on your time and your life. You can expect to have some pain and discomfort afterwards and will have to book time off work. Will your employer agree to your taking up to two weeks off work?
Your partner and family will have to help you around the house for the first few days after your surgery. Are they able to do so? You will need plenty of physical and mental support so make sure you can get this. How do they feel about your wanting rhinoplasty? Are they supportive? How do they feel about you wanting to improve your appearance?
Other issues include cost and finding a reputable surgeon. You need to think about how you will pay for this surgery. You may be fortunate in that the NHS will pay but usually, patients have to pay for this surgery themselves.
How will you do this? You may have to use your savings or take out a personal loan. Another option is to take a loan administered by the cosmetic provider. They have their own finance schemes and offer ‘medical loans’ as a means of paying for surgery. This is a monthly repayment scheme with competitive terms and conditions.
Your next step is to draw up a list of surgeons to ‘interview’. This means finding a few highly regarded ones and asking them a series of questions in turn. The next question deals with this in more detail.
Rhinoplasty - nose reshaping surgery Guide Index:
- Rhinoplasty nose reshaping intro
- Who should consider nose reshaping surgery?
- Who is not suitable for rhinoplasty?
- Why shouldn’t I have nose reshaping surgery?
- How much does nose reshaping surgery cost?
- Can I get help paying for my rhinoplasty?
- Can I have nose reshaping surgery on the NHS?
- Can I have nose reshaping surgery abroad ?
- I am interested in rhinoplasty, what next?
- How do I find a rhinoplasty surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my rhinoplasty?
- What will happen on the day of my rhinoplasty?
- What is the nose reshaping surgery procedure?
- What will happen after my rhinoplasty?
- What does recovery from rhinoplasty involve?
- What are the benefits of nose reshaping surgery?
- What are the risks of nose reshaping surgery?
- Is there aftercare for nose reshaping surgery?
- How long does rhinoplasty last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures