I have decided to go ahead with nose reshaping surgery so what happens next?
Once you have chosen your surgeon you will find that he or she will advise you to take a couple of weeks to think through everything. Talk to your partner or family, or friends. You need to weigh up the advantages and disadvantages of surgery before making a decision.
Re-examine your reasons for wanting surgery. You need to be absolutely sure that you are doing it for the right reasons, and for yourself. Do not have surgery to please someone else or to achieve a perfect look.
Once you have made the decision to go ahead then book a full consultation with your surgeon. He/she will arrange a day and time for your surgery and will advise you on how to prepare for this. This preparation will be a list of guidelines such as stopping smoking (if you are a smoker), what to eat and drink beforehand and when to have your last meal and facial cleansing.
Your surgeon will discuss the procedure in detail, outlining the benefits and the risks. He or she will discuss the types of anaesthesia that are available and what would be suitable for you.
He/she will take a full medical history. If you have had surgery before, have any medical conditions or allergies then mention these. Your surgeon wants to be sure that you are in the very best shape you can be for this operation as well as minimising any risks. If you don’t mention something which could turn out to be vital then you may be placing yourself at risk.
Your surgeon may conduct some pre-surgery checks such as blood pressure, height and weight. He or she may also check your heart and lungs to ensure that you are not at risk for anaesthesia. If you are taking any prescribed medication then tell him/her about this. You may have to stop taking this before and just after your surgery. This also applies if you are taking vitamin or mineral supplements or ‘nutritional’ medicines such as ginseng or evening primrose oil. These can affect your recovery time.
You will be given some forms to sign. Read through these carefully and ask questions if you do not understand anything.
Your surgeon will take some ‘before’ and ‘after’ photographs which he/she may use to show other patients. He/she will ask your permission to show these to other patients.
Rhinoplasty - nose reshaping surgery Guide Index:
- Rhinoplasty nose reshaping intro
- Who should consider nose reshaping surgery?
- Who is not suitable for rhinoplasty?
- Why shouldn’t I have nose reshaping surgery?
- How much does nose reshaping surgery cost?
- Can I get help paying for my rhinoplasty?
- Can I have nose reshaping surgery on the NHS?
- Can I have nose reshaping surgery abroad ?
- I am interested in rhinoplasty, what next?
- How do I find a rhinoplasty surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my rhinoplasty?
- What will happen on the day of my rhinoplasty?
- What is the nose reshaping surgery procedure?
- What will happen after my rhinoplasty?
- What does recovery from rhinoplasty involve?
- What are the benefits of nose reshaping surgery?
- What are the risks of nose reshaping surgery?
- Is there aftercare for nose reshaping surgery?
- How long does rhinoplasty last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures