I have decided to go ahead with tummy tuck surgery so what happens next?
When you have found your right choice of surgeon then your next step is to decide whether to have the procedure or not. Before you make that decision though your surgeon will recommend that you take a couple of weeks to think things through.
This is also known as a ‘cooling off’ period. It is a time for reflection and weighing up all the evidence before making that decision. It is not something to be entered into lightly.
If you decide to go ahead then you will have to make preparations before and afterwards. These include arranging time off work and asking for help around the house. You will be debilitated for a few weeks and during that time, you will have to take things very easily.
It can help to talk things through with your partner, family or friends. Once you have done all of this and are determined to have this procedure then you are ready to arrange a pre-surgery consultation.
This will be a full session in which your surgeon will run through the whole procedure. He or she will want to make sure that you are fit and healthy and will take a complete medical history. He/she may also ask you to undergo routine tests such as blood pressure, height, weight and a blood test. Your heart and lungs may be checked to ensure that you are well enough to have anaesthesia.
If you have any allergies, are taking any prescription medication or have had surgery before then mention this. Your surgeon wants you to get the best possible result from this surgery and without any complications so please be frank and honest here.
Your surgeon will provide advice on what to do before your surgery. This will be a list of ‘do’s and ‘don’ts. These will include stopping smoking if you are a smoker as it has an adverse affect on wound healing. This will also include not taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory medicine or ‘nutritional supplements’ such as iron tablets.
You will also be told what you can eat and drink beforehand and when to have your last meal before your surgery.
And, you will be given advice about what to do when you go home following your operation.
Tummy Tuck Surgery / Abdominoplasty Surgery Guide Index:
- Abdominoplasty - tummy tuck intro
- Who should consider tummy tuck surgery
- Why I shouldn’t have an abdominoplasty?
- How much does abdominoplasty cost?
- Can I get help towards paying for a tummy tuck?
- Can I have a tummy tuck on the NHS?
- Can I have abdominoplasty abroad?
- I am interested in abdominoplasty what do I do next?
- How do I find an abdominoplasty surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my tummy tuck?
- What will happen on the day of my abdominoplasty?
- What is the abdominoplasty procedure?
- What will happen after my abdominoplasty?
- What does recovery from abdominoplasty involve?
- What are the benefits of abdominoplasty?
- What are the risks of abdominoplasty?
- Is there an ‘aftercare’ service for abdominoplasty?
- How long does abdominoplasty last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures