I am interested in tummy tuck surgery (abdominoplasty) what do I do next?
Before you find a surgeon you need to discuss with friends, family, your partner, and yourself, why you want this surgery. You need to be fully informed and satisfied with your reasons for undergoing surgery. At the end of the day this is a major decision and one that can have far reaching consequences. It will make demands upon your time, your health and, your wallet, so be absolutely sure that this is what you want.
Make sure you are doing this for yourself and not to please your partner or to impress others. If you have too many things going on in your life then consider putting your desire for cosmetic surgery on hold until things have quietened down. Choosing to have surgery can be a stressful decision and not one to consider lightly so if you are under pressure do not add this to your other burdens.
Our society is fixated on body image and looking good. Physical perfection is an ideal that we see everyday in the media. We are presented with glossy images of models, film stars and celebrities and there is the pressure to emulate these icons.
Again, have surgery because it is right for you not because you want to look like a famous celebrity or style icon. Cosmetic surgery does guarantee amazing results but it cannot achieve perfection.
Read through as many articles as you can find about abdominoplasty. The internet is a good place for this. Look at the benefits, and equally important the risks of this surgery. You will have to weigh these up before making your decision. Look at websites run by government departments, the NHS, professional organisations etc.
If you know of anyone else who has had this surgery then ask them about it. Another option is to find a patients support group. If there is one which is aimed at people who have had this type of surgery then talk to them.
Your GP is another good source of information. He or she will be able to talk through with you your reasons for surgery and advise where necessary.
You need to think about how you are going to pay for this surgery. Have a look at question 5: ‘Can I get help towards paying for my abdominoplasty?’ which discusses this in more detail. Decide whether you want to have treatment here in the UK or another country.
What you will need to do is to find a good, reputable surgeon.
Tummy Tuck Surgery / Abdominoplasty Surgery Guide Index:
- Abdominoplasty - tummy tuck intro
- Who should consider tummy tuck surgery
- Why I shouldn’t have an abdominoplasty?
- How much does abdominoplasty cost?
- Can I get help towards paying for a tummy tuck?
- Can I have a tummy tuck on the NHS?
- Can I have abdominoplasty abroad?
- I am interested in abdominoplasty what do I do next?
- How do I find an abdominoplasty surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my tummy tuck?
- What will happen on the day of my abdominoplasty?
- What is the abdominoplasty procedure?
- What will happen after my abdominoplasty?
- What does recovery from abdominoplasty involve?
- What are the benefits of abdominoplasty?
- What are the risks of abdominoplasty?
- Is there an ‘aftercare’ service for abdominoplasty?
- How long does abdominoplasty last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures