How do I find an tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) surgeon?
Our Cosmetic Surgery: General FAQs section contains useful information on finding a surgeon.
Shop around and obtain the names and contact details of several surgeons before making a decision. Make sure you find the surgeon who is right for you. You want to feel confident in his or her professional abilities and level of experience.
Good places to start are BAAPS and/or BAPS, BAPRAS, the GMC, The Healthcare Commission and The Department of Health.
If you know of others who have had this procedure then ask them for a recommendation. Another good source is your GP.
A good idea is to compile a shortlist of surgeons and then talk to each of them in turn. You may be able to have a short chat with them via email or over the phone. Some providers will offer a free consultation but check to see what that involves.
You will have to pay a fee when you attend a full consultation with a cosmetic surgeon.
Keep in mind that a good surgeon should be concerned with your wellbeing only and with ensuring what’s right for you. This should take precedence over his /her wants. If a surgeon or clinic appears to be ‘pushy’ or is pressurising you then find someone else.
Tummy Tuck Surgery / Abdominoplasty Surgery Guide Index:
- Abdominoplasty - tummy tuck intro
- Who should consider tummy tuck surgery
- Why I shouldn’t have an abdominoplasty?
- How much does abdominoplasty cost?
- Can I get help towards paying for a tummy tuck?
- Can I have a tummy tuck on the NHS?
- Can I have abdominoplasty abroad?
- I am interested in abdominoplasty what do I do next?
- How do I find an abdominoplasty surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my tummy tuck?
- What will happen on the day of my abdominoplasty?
- What is the abdominoplasty procedure?
- What will happen after my abdominoplasty?
- What does recovery from abdominoplasty involve?
- What are the benefits of abdominoplasty?
- What are the risks of abdominoplasty?
- Is there an ‘aftercare’ service for abdominoplasty?
- How long does abdominoplasty last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures