What will happen on the day of my breast enlargement surgery?
Have a shower before you leave but do not apply any skin creams or lotions.
You will arrive at the clinic or hospital where you will have to complete some forms as part of the admissions process. This is routine procedure.
You will then be shown to your room. A nurse will visit you and will perform a series of pre-operative checks. These include taking blood and urine samples and checking your blood pressure. You will also be given a pair of compression stockings to wear. These help to prevent the build up of blood clots which can cause DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis). You may also be given an injection of a blood thinning drug. This drug, called Heparin, will thin the blood to prevent the formation of blood clots.
You will be visited by your surgeon and the anaesthetist. This is to check that everything is okay and to answer any last minute questions you may have. You will, understandably, be nervous at this time and they will do everything they can to reassure you.
Note: you can still change your mind – even at this point.
You will be asked to remove any make up and to change into a theatre gown.
This procedure usually requires an overnight stay although it can be performed as day surgery in a few cases.
Breast enlargement surgery Guide Index:
- What is ‘breast enlargement’ surgery?
- Who should consider breast enlargement surgery?
- Who is not suitable for breast enlargement surgery?
- Why shouldn't I have breast enlargement surgery?
- How much does breast enlargement cost?
- Can I get help paying for breast enlargement surgery?
- Can I have breast enlargement surgery on the NHS?
- Can I have breast enlargement surgery abroad?
- I am interested in breast surgery, what next?
- How do I find a breast enlargement surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my breast enlargement surgery?
- What happens on the day of surgery?
- What is the breast enlargement procedure?
- What happens after my breast enlargement surgery?
- What does recovery from breast enlargement involve?
- What are the benefits of breast enlargement surgery?
- What are the risks of breast enlargement surgery?
- Is there an ‘aftercare’ service?
- How long does breast enlargement last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures