Can I have breast enlargement surgery abroad?
There is the option to travel abroad for surgery. It is often cheaper than here plus there is the chance to have a short holiday as well. Sounds great doesn’t it?
We would recommend that you do your homework very carefully if you are thinking about this. Do your research, read up about the procedure and choose your surgeon carefully. Make sure that the price includes all the things you would get here such as 24 hour access to the surgeon and his/her team, aftercare etc. A cheaper deal may seem attractive but if you then find out that you have to pay for these as ‘optional extras’ then it is likely to be anything but cheap!
One major issue is that of aftercare: this can involve follow up check ups as well as being able to see your surgeon if something goes wrong. Now, if that happens here in the UK then you are a lot nearer to your surgeon than if you’ve had surgery in Singapore. Are you prepared to pay for another flight to return to that clinic?
Aftercare is very important: ideally, your surgery abroad should include a suitable length of stay which will ensure that any complications can be dealt and that you get enough of a rest before flying home. Some providers offer a holiday package as well which means that you can have a short break after your surgery.
They should provide you with instructions on what to do following your surgery and contact details. These will be a telephone number and an email address. An ideal situation is one in which the follow up visits, in the UK, take place as soon as possible. There should be several of these to ensure that things are progressing well.
You could always find a clinic or surgeon who provides the consultation and follow up visits here in the UK. The surgery itself is conducted abroad but the rest of the service is available in the UK.
You need to compare the standards of treatment and care with those in the UK. Make sure that these are as good as what you would get in the UK. Think about the language barrier as well. If you are going to a country where English is spoken freely then this is not a problem but could be if you are in a clinic where no-one speaks English.
Breast enlargement surgery Guide Index:
- What is ‘breast enlargement’ surgery?
- Who should consider breast enlargement surgery?
- Who is not suitable for breast enlargement surgery?
- Why shouldn't I have breast enlargement surgery?
- How much does breast enlargement cost?
- Can I get help paying for breast enlargement surgery?
- Can I have breast enlargement surgery on the NHS?
- Can I have breast enlargement surgery abroad?
- I am interested in breast surgery, what next?
- How do I find a breast enlargement surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my breast enlargement surgery?
- What happens on the day of surgery?
- What is the breast enlargement procedure?
- What happens after my breast enlargement surgery?
- What does recovery from breast enlargement involve?
- What are the benefits of breast enlargement surgery?
- What are the risks of breast enlargement surgery?
- Is there an ‘aftercare’ service?
- How long does breast enlargement last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures