How do I prepare for my breast enlargement surgery?
This will take the form of a set of guidelines. For example, if you are a smoker then you will be advised to give this up before your surgery. Smoking can affect the healing process as well as causing the formation of unsightly scars. What it does is to delay the healing process which, in effect, means that your scars will take longer to heal.
Ideally, your surgeon would prefer you to give up completely but if not you must stop smoking at least two weeks before your surgery. And do not start smoking again until at least two weeks after your surgery.
If you are carrying extra weight then it may be a good idea to try and lose some of that weight before surgery. Excess weight can increase the risks of complications during surgery.
If you are taking any medications then check with your GP about whether you should continue these before surgery. You may have to stop taking them a certain number of weeks before your surgery. Other drugs include sleeping pills and aspirin. Again, check with your GP or surgeon.
If you are taking nutritional supplements such as vitamin/mineral supplements then you will be asked to stop taking these. There is the risk of these reacting with the drugs you will be given during or after the surgery. They may also react with general anaesthesia.
Breast augmentation surgery means you will have to take a couple of days off work, maybe more so this is the time to arrange that with your employer. It is also a good idea to arrange for someone to drive you home after your surgery. You will have to rest for a few days following surgery so ask someone to help you with everyday tasks such as shopping and housework.
You will have been given instructions about what to eat and drink before your surgery. You should have your last meal 6 hours before surgery. So, if your surgery is scheduled for the morning, make sure you do not eat or drink anything after midnight.
The day before surgery, pack a small case or bag with nightclothes and your toiletries. Also include the clothes you will be wearing on the day of your discharge. Remember to include any medications you might need. Throw in a couple of books and/or an iPod as well.
Leave jewellery and any other valuables at home at the hospital/clinic cannot be held responsible for their safety.
Breast enlargement surgery Guide Index:
- What is ‘breast enlargement’ surgery?
- Who should consider breast enlargement surgery?
- Who is not suitable for breast enlargement surgery?
- Why shouldn't I have breast enlargement surgery?
- How much does breast enlargement cost?
- Can I get help paying for breast enlargement surgery?
- Can I have breast enlargement surgery on the NHS?
- Can I have breast enlargement surgery abroad?
- I am interested in breast surgery, what next?
- How do I find a breast enlargement surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my breast enlargement surgery?
- What happens on the day of surgery?
- What is the breast enlargement procedure?
- What happens after my breast enlargement surgery?
- What does recovery from breast enlargement involve?
- What are the benefits of breast enlargement surgery?
- What are the risks of breast enlargement surgery?
- Is there an ‘aftercare’ service?
- How long does breast enlargement last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures