How long does breast enlargement surgery last?
Breast implants are safe and tend to last for around 15 to 20 years. However, they are subject to normal ‘wear and tear’, for example, from exercising which means that this figure can vary from one individual to the next.
The most likely damage is tiny cracks in the outer shell of the implant. However the body protects the capsule by means of a natural ‘biological’ bag which forms a protective layer around the implant.
This acts as a seal which can prevent any leakage from the implant travelling to other parts of the body.
It is a good idea to have your breast implants checked after 10 years to see if there are any signs of excessive wear and tear.
A major worry for many women is the safety of silicone. Silicone gel is often preferred over saline as it gives a more natural shape. Plus it does not leak even if there has been a rupture of the implant. There have been worries about a link between cancer and breast implants but there is no concrete evidence to support this.
Capsular contracture is a condition which can happen even years after your surgery and may require further surgery. This would involve replacing the implants but this is unlikely to happen before five or ten years have passed.
Breast enlargement surgery Guide Index:
- What is ‘breast enlargement’ surgery?
- Who should consider breast enlargement surgery?
- Who is not suitable for breast enlargement surgery?
- Why shouldn't I have breast enlargement surgery?
- How much does breast enlargement cost?
- Can I get help paying for breast enlargement surgery?
- Can I have breast enlargement surgery on the NHS?
- Can I have breast enlargement surgery abroad?
- I am interested in breast surgery, what next?
- How do I find a breast enlargement surgeon?
- What questions should I ask my surgeon?
- I have decided to go ahead so what happens next?
- How do I prepare for my breast enlargement surgery?
- What happens on the day of surgery?
- What is the breast enlargement procedure?
- What happens after my breast enlargement surgery?
- What does recovery from breast enlargement involve?
- What are the benefits of breast enlargement surgery?
- What are the risks of breast enlargement surgery?
- Is there an ‘aftercare’ service?
- How long does breast enlargement last?
COSMETIC SURGERY TREATMENTS
- Breast Enlargement Surgery
- Breast implants guide
- Breast Lift Surgery
- Breast Asymmetry Surgery
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Capsulectomy Surgery
- Breast Implant removal Surgery
- Breast implant replacement
- Capsular Contracture
- Nipple reduction surgery
- Inverted Nipple surgery
- Mini Facelift
- Rhinoplasty - Nose Reshaping
- Revision Rhinoplasty
- Eyelid Lift surgery
- Neck lift surgery
- Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
- Cheek Implant Surgery
- Chin Augmentation - Implants
- Chin Reduction Surgery
- Ear Correction Surgery
- Arm Lift Surgery
- Body Lift Surgery
- Male breast reduction
- Buttock Lift surgery
- Buccal fat removal
- Feather Lift Surgery
- Extended abdominoplasty
- Tummy Tuck
- Mini Tummy Tuck
- Partial abdominoplasty
- Thigh Lift Surgery
- Aphrodite Gold
- Collagen Lip Injection
- Fat Injections
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Obagi Skin Peel
- Wrinkle treatments
- Laser Hair Removal
- Scar Revision
- Thread Vein removal
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Tattoo removal
- Top 10 cosmetic surgery procedures