Taking legal action

If you are thinking of making claim for compensation for a personal injury then you will need the services of a legal representative such as a lawyer or a solicitor.

Another option is to use the services of a claims assessor.

It is important to engage the services of any of these as a compensation claim will invariably involve a legal process which requires the skills and expertise of someone qualified in this area.

A lawyer or solicitor will understand the process and the legal system and can advise you accordingly. Do not sign a document or agree to anything without representation.

Spend some time looking for a lawyer or solicitor who specialises in personal injury claims but be aware that there is a time limit for making a person injury claim.

So it is important that you find someone as soon as you can to handle your claim as there is a 3 year time limit. There are a few exceptions to this rule but generally, the time limit is fixed at 3 years from the date of your accident or injury.

This section is designed to help you with finding legal representation and is arranged as follows:

Each of these is discussed in more detail.

Do not be pressurised into making a claim. You should be able to obtain advice without any obligation but if you feel that you are being pressurised then go elsewhere.

Personal Injury Guide

Medic8® Guides

© Medic8® | All Rights Reserved